Business Development Manager
LinkUp indexes millions of jobs around the world every day directly from company websites. With that highly unique and powerful database of jobs, we have developed a wide range of advertising, data, and software products to serve job seekers, employers, and data clients. Due to our continued success and growth (we were recently named one of the top 10 best performing job sites on the web), we are looking for an incredibly smart individual to fill our Business Development Manager position.
About the role
The primary focus of the Business Development Manager is to assist the CEO and the company’s data team in growing LinkUp’s data revenue. This is a unique role that does not fit neatly into a single box – it’s a multi-faceted position that blends business development, marketing, strategy, product development, project management, research, writing, and internal and external communications.
This entry level Business Development Manager will report directly to the CEO, work closely with other members of the senior management team, and will be a key member of a team of awesome, dedicated people (of course we’re biased) working on LinkUp’s data business – a part of our business growing at triple digit growth rates.
In addition to the primary focus areas listed above, the most successful candidates applying for this position would also have an interest in data, quantitative analysis, the labor market, economics, and research.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist the CEO and others in closing new business
• Work with the CEO and others in expanding the sales pipeline
• Develop & research new business segments
• Research and profile specific client targets
• Draft appropriate communications, sales & marketing materials, and collateral
• Assist in coordinating and ‘project managing’ complex sales cycles
• Communicate with clients and prospects (as appropriate)
• Meaningfully contribute to strategic product development initiatives
Skills and qualifications:
• College degree
• Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Strategic, focused, responsible self-starter
• Curious, open-minded and creative
(And yes, we’re asking for a lot, but we’re serious about finding an incredible person to fill this job).
A little bit about us
Based in Minneapolis with roughly 35 employees, we take pride in a great company culture that is based on our core principles: work hard, have fun, think big, solve problems, and do good. To be blunt (and brag a bit), LinkUp is a great company filled with outstanding people that are incredibly talented, extremely dedicated, and really fun to work with.
Competitive pay, health / dental benefits, 401k, and employee stock options available.